Thursday, July 15, 2010

Do You Hear What I Hear?

F-i-n-a-l-l-y got into an ENT about three weeks ago. My suspicion was correct and about 5 seconds after the doc looked in Luke's ears, he said, "Oh, we need some tubes in there!" I was one happy mamma. If he hadn't recommended tubes, I had plans to persuade him in that direction. :))

Luke failed the hearing test in both ears. Actually, both ears have so much fluid that neither ear drum is moving at all. Thankfully, this hearing loss should all be resolved once we drain those suckers TOMORROW. Surgery time is bright and early in the morning, which we are totally fine with since most 21 month olds aren't too keen on pre-surgery fasting. ;)

Will keep you updated on how things go. This is surgery #6 for Luke, so I'm actually feeling pretty calm about this whole process. (Is it terrible that surgery is old hat to us?! Ha!) I'm just thrilled for him to finally get some relief. And with his vision already being limited, having normal hearing again will, I'm sure, be music to his ears. :smile:

1 comment:

  1. i didn't realize he had failed the tests. anxious to go read your next post to see if he is hearing loud and clear now. smiles

    ReplyDelete

Testing-Testing-1-2-3

You there? I may or may not have just Googled, "Is blogger still a thing?"  I guess it's still going.....but possibly not th...