Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Are you talking to me?

Well, Spring is HERE!!!  The sun is shining, the trees are blooming and I've spent the last two weeks trying to breathe.....literally...crazy allergies.  It's far worse this year than I ever remember. The boys also came down with a Spring cold, so between wiping noses, sleepless nights and lots and lots of sneezing, time's been slipping away and I haven't been able to write any new entries.

I have a a list of about 10 things that I really, really need to get done today and since the boys are napping, I should be tackling that list.


But I just wanted to write a a quick entry about Caleb and his ever-expanding vocabulary. He never stops talking!!! All day long!    Parents as Teachers came last week and I was supposed to make a list of how many words he knows now.  I was only allowed to count words that he actually uses without direction....or without us saying, "Caleb say ____" and him just repeating it. I asked the PAT gal how many words he should know by now and she said around 8...maybe 10.  So, I started to write down his words and easily got to 20!!!  Here's the list:

Mama
Dada
bottle
eat
please
ouch
no
eyes
 ball
balloon
Bible
shoes
bye-bye
night-night
baby
teeth
mouth
yummy
Hi
Yay!
hot
Go, Dog, Go
keys



So proud of our little man!!  The Parents As Teachers gal was thrilled. :) We got to talking about the boys and how they came 11.5 weeks early and all the complications that were involved.  It was another opportunity to share about the miracle of life and all that God has done for Luke and Caleb.  We talk a whole lot about all of the miracles in Luke's little body. But, equally amazing is how far Caleb has come.....starting out as a 2 lb 11 oz baby....suffering from Twin-to-twin transfusion.  But, today you wouldn't know his fragile beginning.  I wanted to cry as the PAT gal said he's not just caught up, he's ahead of where he should be!!   THANK GOD!!


Here are some other things he can do


*  Point to his nose, eyes, ears, teeth, hair, belly, and toes.

* Makes these animal sounds: Bark, meow, moo, baaa(sheep), pig snort, quack.

*Follow these simple commands: Take it to the trash, Go get your blanket, Go play with your toys, Go find your book.   That's off the top my head....there are many more.


It's so exciting to watch him learn new things every single day. He's like a sponge, soaking everything in.


He was weighed and measured yesterday:  25 1/2 pounds, and almost 33 inches tall.  He's growing up so fast.


Really need to get some video uploaded.  I'll try to work on that!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Testing-Testing-1-2-3

You there? I may or may not have just Googled, "Is blogger still a thing?"  I guess it's still going.....but possibly not th...